Cauliflower is a popular staple in the Beachside Produce lineup. This popular Brassica is carefully cultivated year round on California’s Central Coast for white compact curds. Additional production in the Southern California Desert region secures stability in quality and supply during volatile winter weather months. Cauliflower’s unique texture and ability to absorb flavor makes it one of the most versatile vegetables, serving as a nutritious main course or a handy substitute in gluten-free and low-carb dishes, and even desserts!
- California Central Coast – Year-round
Southern California Desert Region – Nov through March
- 9ct wrapped carton – 48 per pallet
12ct / 16ct wrapped carton – 56 per pallet
Processor grade – unwrapped / jacket removed carton – 56 per pallet
RPC – 40 per pallet
- Good source for Vitamin C, K, B6, Folate, Fiber, Potassium, Thiamin and Magnesium
Low calories / Low in carbohydrates
WHAT TO LOOK FOR
- Firm compact heads that are white to cream white in color
Jacket should be firm and green
Avoid product with mold or black spots
STORAGE AND PREP
- Wash remove outer leaves and slice florets at the base.